top of page

Support Forum

Public·1104 members

Sasha Newar
Sasha Newar

No Recordings on AudioMoths

Hi all! I've just retrieved my first two AudioMoths from the field, and I was disappointed to see that they hadn't recorded any data. One had a single 20-second empty audio file, which was dated to Jan 1, 1970. The other one had nothing. Looking at the config files, I can see that the sleep and recording duration are both empty, even though I know I left the default 5-second sleep duration and 55-second recording duration in the Configuration App. When I configured the AudioMoths, I then left them in USB/OFF for a few days while my team member moved them to the field, where he then set it to Custom. I'm brand new to using AudioMoths, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!



26 Views
Alex Rogers
Alex Rogers
yesterday

Hi, What make and model of SD card and battery are you using? This device is configured to make 4 five-minute recordings each day. Is that what was intended? The CONFIG.TXT file was generated five months ago on the 12th May 2026. Was that when you deployed them? This version of the firmware is very well tested in the field so I don't think it's a bug. Something went wrong somewhere in the deployment process though. If the batteries were removed and the device switched to CUSTOM it would have waited for the acoustic chime (with solid red and flashing green LED) rather than starting to record. Try out the deployment process on your desk and see if there is an issue there. The LED pattern on switching to CUSTOM is important. The AudioMoth should either immediately start making a recording (flashing red LED) if inside a recording period, or wait for the next recording period with a flashing green LED.

Alex

Support Forum

©2026 Open Acoustic Devices

bottom of page