The whole sordid story of my efforts to restore the configuration app to the correct time are below, including Alex Rogers staying with me during the six hour ordeal. The bottom line is this: If your configuration app consistently shows the year 1970 both in UTC time and local time, don't do what I did and try to reload the app. That may not work, and repeated efforts in Windows 10 are likely to block the app from installing at all. When you program the app and then plug in the device, simply click the green configuration bar and the correct time will come up and register in the the device. I did this with four Moths and deployed two last night. All are working fine.