I work on passive acoustic monitoring projects at a bat conservation charity, and we are struggling with some older AudioMoths that we are trying to flash and configure for this season. The AMs are version 1.0.0 and have previously been flashed with an old custom firmware. When I plug in the AudioMoths they appear in the firmware app with the name of the old firmware, but are not able to be automatically or manually flashed (I have tried all of the usual manual flashing techniques!). When I open the configuration app I get the error message "The firmware installed on your AudioMoth may not be supported by this version of the AudioMoth Configuration App." and when I try and add a config to the AM, I get the error message "The connected AudioMoth did not respond correctly and the configuration may not have been applied. Please try again.".
This is the case for about 10 of our devices, which makes me think that it is some fundamental issue with the custom firmware. I have attempted downpatching the flashing app and running things through the command line but that didn't seem to solve it. I was wondering if anyone has found a way to hard reset their AMs or go in and manually edit the firmware scripts or something to get them back into a usuable state.