Yesterday I successfully downloaded the new Configuration and Flash Apps and flashed and updated 3 Audiomoths, then reconfigured them successfully. (That said I had a minor issue at first since it needed to configure the USB port - which it did automatically and successfully on connecting the device - but when trying to flash the Audiomoth, the firmware Versión 1.6.0 was then highlighted in grey and it wouldn't work until I actively clicked on the 1.6.0 version to turn it blue, after which it worked perfectly; this is easily overlooked).
However, I have just tried expanding a night's files which were recorded using a threshold filter and have the "T" indicator added using the latest Configuration app. The threshold was clearly too low and there are only very minor differences in the overall file length, but they are there. These were recorded before this firmware update in case it's relevant (though I presume not).
There appears to be a minor change in the configuration app appearance reflecting where the resulting expanded files should go, though I just want to save them back on to the microSD card before analysing and actively selected this option the second time I tried, after not having selected anything the first time.
Attached are two screengrabs: 1. of where I get to in the expansion process (apparently it's underway but nothing happens for 30 mins or more) and 2. of some of the original files to show minor differences in size resulting (presumably) from tiny pauses in the recordings. I can just open these directly and ignore the presumably very minor differences in timing resulting from the non-visible gaps, but as I've upped the threshold for use from now on, I'd like to be able to get it to work, obviously.
Any suggestions of what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any help,
The progress bar also got an update so you can see the progress within each individual file which makes the wait less painful.
Great. We'll roll this out in the next Config App update in a week or so.
Hi Alex & all.
This works really well. In just over 35 minutes in WIN10, I've just expanded 49 files of triggered recordings in audio files up to almost 20 min in length and which at max size weigh in at almost 1GB each.
Yesterday, I tried expanding some other files and ran out of destination disk space, but it expanded the rest successfully until reaching the limit and then gave me a message saying there was an error for the last 6 files (so warning me of the limit).
Hope it works as successfully in other OSs.
@john @behrens.marie-luise If you can send an email with your operating system to firstname.lastname@example.org we can send you a pre-release version of the configuration app with the fix to confirm that it works properly on your machines.