I put the audiomoth outside for 48 hours recording bits and pieces, the batteries are still fine, but there is no response from it anymore, no lights and it's not recognized over USB anymore, so what can I do? send it in for repair? thanks g
Dear Matthew, thanks for your swift reply. Meantime it is working again!
What happened is that I brought it in after being outside for 2 days. It apparently stopped working at noon, while the lithium batteries were new, and still were fully loaded 1.5V each. Btw I love the fantastic battery management of the Audiomoth. Now, I brought it inside and it was getting very hot when connecting to the computer via USB. I let it in a warm room overnight and now all seems to be working again. It might have been the humidity? It was storming and raining though I packed it well in a plastic bag... don't know, will let you know if it is happening again of course, but for now all is fine again! Uf sorry for the little panic! and thanks again for your concern. I love my Audiomoths!
Can you give some more details of what has happened?
You say the batteries are fine: What voltage are they registering?
Is the switch set to USB/Off?
Was the AudioMoth housed in something while outside?